Due to Corona, there was a lot of discussion and criticism about the IPL. A case has already been filed in the Delhi High Court seeking closure of the tournament. The Indian Premier League (IPL) was run under strict biological protection. Even though 26 matches have been played so far, the cricketers and staffs have started attacking Corona in the middle.
In such a state of affairs, the organizers are struggling to maintain the match going. As a result, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the suspension of the IPL indefinitely. The country’s cricket board confirmed the matter in a statement.
IPL vice-president Rajiv Shukla told the media, “The IPL has been postponed for this season.”
On the other hand, IPL President Brijesh Patel said, “The IPL has been postponed for the safety of everyone involved in the IPL.”
The coronavirus attack in the IPL started with Kolkata Knight Riders. After playing against Delhi Capitals and before playing against Royal Challengers Bangalore, two members of the team – Varun Chakraborty and Sandeep Warrior – were attacked by Corona. As a result, the match was postponed.
Then came the news that the coronavirus had also attacked the Chennai Super Kings camp. The practice was canceled as the team’s bowling coach Balaji and three staff members were injured. Not only that, the match between Chennai and Rajasthan Royals to be held on Wednesday (May 5) was also postponed.
Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad were scheduled to take the field on Tuesday (May 4) night. But before this match, Hyderabad cricketer Riddhiman Saha was attacked by Corona. Besides, Amit Mishra of Delhi Capitals is also reported to be affected by Corona. In such a disorientation, the BCCI finally decided to postpone the IPL indefinitely.