Suddenly Facebook is not going to be accessed. Some posts are being removed. Sometimes Facebook is also flagging (covering) the posts of others shared by oneself or one’s own wall. Many times friend requests cannot be sent. Sometimes posts, comments, or shares are blocked. Many Facebook users have to read about these problems. After getting into trouble, help from others is sought. But these problems do not occur if you follow the very general rules of Facebook. This specific policy of Facebook for users is called ‘Community Standard’.
Facebook is the largest social media in the world today. The current number of users in the world is about 2.6 billion. The number of Facebook users in Bangladesh is about 43 million. Facebook has business activities alongside ordinary users. In addition, Facebook has three other platforms. Which are; Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram. The four platforms are somehow connected to each other. The community guidelines for the four platforms are roughly the same.
Generally, there is a guide if we take any product or service. Similarly, Facebook’s Community Guidelines are a guide for those in the business community of this platform. Here are instructions on what to do and what not to do. Facebook regularly updates this guide. Their community guidelines were last updated last May. There are basically two types of guidelines. For a general user. The other is for advertisers.
Facebook’s Community Guidelines for General Users are divided into 6 sections. One. Violence and criminal activity. Two. Security. Three. Offensive content. Four. Authenticity and credibility. Five. Intellectual property. And six. Requests and solutions.
Violence and criminal activity:
Violence and provocation of any kind cannot be posted. No graphics posts can be made to promote or even make fun of a violent subject. Notable among these is’
1. Violence and provocation cannot be posted or shared.
2. Negative activity of dangerous individuals and organizations cannot be posted or shared.
3. Terrorist activity cannot be posted or shared.
4. Organized violence or criminal activities cannot be posted or shared.
5. Genocide (attempted) or multiple murders may not be posted or shared.
. Posts or posts that encourage human trafficking cannot be shared.
. It is not allowed to post or share any crime by aiding or abetting the crime.
. Statutory posts that have legal obligations cannot be posted or shared. Such as alcohol and weapons.
9. Fraudulent and deceptive posts.
It is not allowed for anyone to post or share posts that endanger security in any way. Notable among these are;
1. Signs of self-inflicted injuries or attempted suicide cannot be posted. However, any news related to suicide (obtained from reliable sources) can be shared.
2. Articles, pictures, or videos of child sexual abuse cannot be shared on Facebook. Content posted by others cannot be shared.
3. Adults may not post or share any nude text, pictures, or videos.
4. No one can be threatened or harassed using Facebook.
5. Facebook does not accept videos or pictures of any kind of human exploitation. Such as human trafficking, commercial labor, or other activities against the will.
. No one’s personal privacy can be leaked on Facebook. Private photos cannot be shared without permission.
1. Violent speeches cannot be posted on Facebook in written or visual form. No nation or people can be directly attacked on the basis of religion, caste, gender, or physical disability.
2. Pictures or videos of the following issues including rape, dead bodies, and accidents cannot be posted. E.g. Pictures and videos of rape, pictures and videos of corpses, visible internal organs (pictures of empty bodies), partially decomposed bodies, live broadcast of a person’s death sentence, accidental bleeding, fights, beheadings, live broadcasts, cremation crematoriums, any Types of abuse – child sexual abuse, female sexual abuse, juvenile abuse, animal hunting, animal killing, animal slaughter, animal wounds or cuts visible, abortion, abandoned newborn children, etc.
3. No pictures of adult nudity and sexual activity can be given. Open discussion of sexual activity, sexual appeal, exposure of genitals, posting of ‘digitalized’ pictures related to sex is prohibited on Facebook. Nude and obscene posts cannot be given.
Authenticity and credibility:
Facebook conducts combing operations, including the removal of fake IDs, spam, and fake news. Typically the IDs or content that Facebook removes or temporarily blocks Kings flagship are;
1. If any ID is suspected to be fake for any reason.
2. If spamming. For example, if you keep the same comment or post in different groups, pages, or comments.
3. Posting disruptive cybersecurity.
4. Promoting or posting unreliable information.
5. If you post or share fake news.
Facebook is committed to users and organizations protecting intellectual property. Facebook does not accept anyone else’s intellectual property, copyright, or trademark posts. Among these, two basic issues are given importance. One. Copyright. Two. Trademark.
Requests and Solutions:
If a user requests to remove his or her own Facebook account, Facebook does so. When Facebook receives a request to remove the account of a dead user, it also removes it after checking and sorting. In general, if an ID or content violates Facebook’s guidelines or violates someone’s security, anyone can request the Facebook authorities to remove that content or ID. After reviewing the allegations, the Facebook authorities make a decision. In addition, for the additional protection of minors, the Facebook authorities themselves have taken many such steps. Facebook authorities also have their own monitoring team to take care of these issues.
If you do not comply with the above community standards, Facebook will automatically limit (restrict) many people. Sometimes stop posting for seven days or a month, sometimes stop commenting and sharing. However, these problems are fixed after a certain period of time. If someone’s ID seems fake then his ID is deactivated. However, if the ID is correct, then the ID is activated by verifying the information if requested with proof (copy of national identity card/copy of passport or similar).